This is a page from the 1920 Wellsville High School yearbook. That was the first year that Wellsville high school students attended classes in the “new high school” on Center Street. Before then they went to school in the McDonald building on 9th St. The elementary students attended classes at either McKinley School in the east end of town or Garfield buildings on the western side.
That building is now partially the home of Daw Middle School. There have been a lot of changes made in the past 92 years. Bet today’s BOE have dreams of construction costs like those in 1920!
The 1920 WHS yearbook is part of the collection of yearbooks kept at the River Museum by the Wellsville Historical Society.