Adding to the feeling it was a good week was the WHS sports teams. The Volleyball team had a convincing win on Tuesday night and then won the District championship over Columbiana 3-0 Thursday night. It was the first time in seven years for the Lady Tigers. Friday night the WHS football team wrapped up the season on a three game winning streak with a 4th Quarter win over league rival Lowellville. We were excited for the players that stayed with the team and getting things turned around in their last three games. Two of those games were on the road.
Monday - November 1:
- Wellsville Board of Education Special Meeting - 1 P.M. in the Superintendent's Office - Center St.
- Wellsville Revitalization Committee - 6:30 P.M. at the Hentzell residence - Riverside
- WHS Alumni Activities Committee Regular Monthly Meeting - 7:30 P.M. at the Alumni Center - 3rd St.
Tuesday - November 2:
- Election Day - Polls open at 6:30 A.M.
- Moe turns 70! - Happy Birthday fella
Wednesday - November 3:
- Joshua Project Clothing Give Away - Noon to 6 P.M. at New Hope Community Church - Route 39
- WHS Volleyball vs Norwalk St. Paul in Div. IV Regional Semi-final - 6 P.M. at Solon High School - Bus leaves Wellsville at 3 P.M.
- Wellsville Village Council - 6 P.M. at Village Hall - 1200 Main St.
Thursday - November 4:
- History of Wellsville Floods - 6:30 P.M. at Wellsville Public Library - Main Street - Registration required
Friday - November 5:
- WHS Men's Basketball Practice Starts - 6 P.M. in the Tiger's Den
Saturday - November 6:
- Men's Prayer Breakfast - 10 A.M. at First Baptist Church - Center St.
- Rolling On The River Auction - 5:30 P.M. at Sell's Auction - Broadway
- "THE" Ohio State Buckeyes have a week off .
Sunday - November 7:
Worship at a church of your choice
Monday's Board of Education meeting is suppose to be for the recommendations of their Buildings & Grounds Committee and an Executive Session for unknown reasons. See our post dated 10/28/10.
The Revitalization Committee Meeting on Monday is in preparation for Saturday nights auction at Sell's. It's a fund raiser for the Committee with proceeds going toward the completion of the floodwall murals and the Main Street USA program. We'll have more on that later.
Tuesday is Election Day. It's your chance to vote for the candidates of your choice. Wellsville will have three levies on the ballot - a 1 mill renewal for the General Fund, a 1 mill renewal for the Fire Department and a 6 mill replacement levy for the Fire Dept. All three levies are extremely important for our Village. We hope you'll vote in favor of all three.
On Wednesday the WHS Volleyball Team makes their first appearance since 2003 in the Regional semi-finals. The match is set to begin at 6 P.M. at Solon High School up near Cleveland. Tickets for the match will be on sale at the high school both Monday (11:15 to 12:15) and Tuesday (3 to 5 P.M.). The Volleyball Booster's Club is sponsoring a bus free of charge on a first come, first serve basis. All you need is a ticket. You can reserve your seat on the bus by contacting Anne Amato at 724-544-1914 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The bus is scheduled to leave the high school at 3 P.M. on Wednesday.
Although it doesn't come up on the calendar until next week we have been informed that the WHS Touchdown Club's annual football banquet was moved one day forward than what was originally planned. The banquet will now be held Wednesday, November 10 at 6 P.M. Tickets are $10 and it is open to the public.
There you go Tonda. It's a little late in the day but we got it posted.
Have a good week everyone...