Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tigers Gear Up For '09 Season







Fine tuning the Xs & Os for the 2009 football season the Wellsville Tigers scrimmaged East Canton this morning at Nicholson Stadium. Playing in the hot sun the Tigers looked pretty good from the little I saw. It was exciting to hear those shoulder pads cracking with the hitting going on. I always loved that sound.

Kudos also to the grounds crew. The field looked to be in excellent shape.

The Tigers open up the regular season Friday evening, August 28, at home against Strasburg. Kick-off is scheduled fo 7:30 P.M. I can't wait.



ole nib



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont think there is a crew... I believe Tim Housholder does it by himself....(the field that is not sure about the rest) he does great work. I think he does work for other schools fields too.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the season to start, good luck to the Tigers !
Tim Householder does a great job with the field, the grass looks great.

Anonymous said...

Timmy "Green Thumb" Householder, ain't no better groundskeeper in the Valley.

Anonymous said...

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER GREAT SEASON FROM THE TIGERS WITH THEIR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION THEY SHOULDGO FAR THIS YEAR.....GOOD LUCK TIGERS....WE ARE ROOTING FOR YOU,,,,