Monday, August 10, 2009

10th Street Ext. Project Begun




The 10th Street Extension repair project got underway today. The first part is cleaning up and repairing an existing drain, adding an additional drain and working on the ditch. The ditch will be cleaned out and deepened. Members of the work crew told me the existing drain is in good shape and just mainly needs cleaned up and the ditch dug out.

After the drains & ditch work is done the road surface will be stripped off and and a new base laid down. This part of the job is forcing them to close the street today and tomorrow. Once completed the street will be opened to one lane with flagmen controlling the traffic flow.

Shown here are Pusateri Excavating employees Dan Dray & Mint Cook getting the new ditch dug out and dumping gravel into the bottom. The pipes and new catch basin are ready to be installed.

ole nib

5 comments:

me said...

My guess is Mint Cook was subcontracted out to do this job. He owns his own company; I don't think he works for Pusateri, altho I could be wrong.

************* said...

You're wrong. The Mint Cook in this picture is Junior. His father, Mint Sr., is the one that has an excavating company & is a Madison Twp. Trustee. I've known Senior for years.

Mint Jr., holding the measuring stick, works for Pusateri.

nib

me said...

aha, I stand corrected, did not look at photo, just read your caption!

************* said...

No problem. Having known Mint's father since high school days, when Jr. told me his name I did a double take before it got through my thick skull.

Now I know two guys named Mint.

nib

her sister said...

Milton ("Mint") went to school with my sister,too.