Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fundraiser For WHS Football







In an effort to raise some funds for this year's Wellsville Football teams Nick DaLonzo & Anthony Lombardozzi have joined up and will be chancing off five authentic, official game replica jerseys. These are nice jerseys that I wouldn't mind having myself.

One winner will be drawn at half-time at each of this year's five home games for one of the jerseys. The first winner gets his choice of one of the five. The next lucky person gets their choice of one of the four remaining and on down the line. Winners do not need to be present at the game but you should go to support the Tigers anyway.

There's a throw back #58 Jack Lambert jersey with a USA bi-centennial patch. There's two with commemorative Super Bowl XLIII patches. One has James Harrison's #92 and the other is Santonio Holmes #10. Both made huge, I mean really huge, plays in that game last February. There's #43 Polomolu All-Star Game jersey and one Penguins.

All proceeds go to benefit the football teams. Tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5. Ticket can be purchased at DaLonzos Pizza on Main St. or from Nick or Anthony. You can call 330-532-0900 or 330-362-0270 for more info.

You can click on any of the pictures shown here to enlarge for a better look or you can stop by DaLonzos to see the real thing. All five are on display there.

It's a winning way to support a winning team.



ole nib



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea, but did anyone consider jerseys other than Pittsburgh? Personally, you'd have to pay me to wear a Steeler jersey. haha

************* said...

Remind me to show you a Brown's Super Bowl trophey display case.

Oh, wait a minute...

nib

JCheezy said...

What about a Wellsville Tiger Jersey? That is what I would really love to wear to work on Friday's in Pittsburgh. Even though I am a huge Steeler fan, the jerseys are everywhere.

************* said...

JCheezy - I'm sure if they could have got a deal there would be Wellsville jerseys hanging on that display rack. You may have given them an idea for a future fund raiser.

In the meantime you can probably check Steve Dawson at his store in EL. I think it's at 5th & Walnut. I know he was very helpful for getting us stuff back when my kids were in school. I can't vouch for the cost but he was able to get anything I asked for. I think it would be awesome to wear a WHS Tiger jersey in Pittsburgh on dress down day. Good luck to you too.

nib

Anonymous said...

A Super Bowl display case has nothing to do with fan loyalty
to another local team. But
seriously, don't you think having
another local team rather than Pittsburgh would boost
revenue for the fundraiser?
oh, and one more thing....
wheres the Pirates jersey at? oh thats right, a true Pittsburgh fan
only supports their teams when they win!!! dont' bump your head jumpin on the bandwagon if that ever happens nib

Fan said...

All of the highschool football players have them for sale now, see one of them and show your support.

JCheezy said...

Great idea Nib, I am going to call Steve today. To have my old number with my name on the back...how fun!