Monday – April 18:
- 2010 Income Tax Filing Deadline. With a Federal Holiday the deadline was extended
- WHS Baseball vs Western Reserve – 5 PM at Hammonds Park
- Wellsville School District Monthly Board of Education Meeting – 6:30 PM in the Superintendents Office – 929 Center St.
- American Legion Post 70 Bi-monthly Meeting – 7 PM at the Post – 229 Wells Ave.
Tuesday – April 19:
- BWD Computer Study & Purchase Committee Meeting – 10 AM at BWD Office – 1925 Clark
- Wellsville Public Library Story Hours – Preschool Ages 3 to 5 – 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM – After School – Ages 5 & Up – 3:30 to 4:30 PM at the library – Main St.
- Wellsville Village Officials/United Water Meeting – 1:30 PM at Village Hall – 1200 Main St.
- Wellsville Council Property Committee – Time is immediately following the above meeting – 1200 Main St.
- WHS Track at United – 4:30 PM
- WHS Baseball at Western Reserve – 5 PM
- Wellsville Village Council Bi-monthly Meeting – 6 PM at Village Hall – 1200 Main St.
- Wellsville Historical Society Monthly Meeting – 7:30 PM at River Museum – 1003 Riverside Ave. - Trustees meet at 7 PM
The Tuesday meeting with Village Officials & United Water is in regards to the flood system pumps. The second one for the Property Committee will immediately follow and that is in regards to Marcellus well drilling. The third one at 6 PM is a regular Council meeting.
Tuesday's children's story hours at the library is the next to the last one for the Spring schedule. Next week will wrap it up for this round. For more information call 330-532-1526.
Wednesday – April 20:
- BWD Finance Committee – 10 AM at BWD Offices – 1925 Clark Ave.,/li>
- Joshua Project Clothing Give-away – 12 Noon to 6 PM at New Hope Community Church – 43152 State Rt. 39
- BWD Engineering Committee – 1 PM at Water Treatment Plant – State Rt. 45
- Wellsville Council Sewage Committee – 1 PM at Village Hall – 1200 Main St.
- WHS Alumni Activities Committee Monthly Spaghetti Dinner Plus WHS Class of '65 - WAAC Dinner is 4 to 7 PM – Class of '65 is meeting at 6 PM – Alumni Center – 201 3rd St.
- Daw Middle School Track at Crestview Tri-angular with Leetonia – 4:30 PM
- WHS Baseball vs Leetonia – 5 PM at Hammonds Park
- First Christian Church Easter Cantata – 7 PM – Public invited – 801 Main St.
Thursday – April 21:
- Holy Thursday
- BWD Board of Directors Regular Monthly Meeting – 9 AM at Wellsville Village Hall – 1200 Main St.
- Wellsville Council Sewage Committee – Moved to April 28 at 1 PM
- WHS Track at Oak Glen – 4:30 PM
- Wellsville Crime Watch Committee Monthly Meeting – 6 PM at Village Hall – 1200 Main St.
Friday – April 22:
- Good Friday – No school
- WHS Baseball Double Header at Oak Glen – 12 Noon
Saturday – April 23:
- Wellsville Memorial Council Tag Day – 9 AM to Noon at Wells Ave. & Rt. 45 and 5th & Main Sts. Only
- Potter Players Liberty Theater Clean-up – 10 AM to 2 PM – Main St.
- WHS Softball Double Header at Weirton Madonna – 12 Noon
- Ups of Downs Easter Egg Hunt – 1 PM at East Liverpool's Thompson Park
Sunday – April 24:
- Easter Sunday - “He is risen” - Celebrate and worship at a church of your choice
Geezzz...no school and the athletes still are playing games Friday, Saturday and next Monday. Due to the weather we haven't been giving much time to the teams for baseball, softball & track. It's been a rough season so far and the weather hasn't been much help.
We can't tell you what all the BWD meetings are for without speculating. Their Wednesday Finance Committee is the only one that is a “regular” one held every month before the Board meeting.
Tuesday's meeting of the Historical Society will have Deputy Chief Engineer Bob Durbin speaking on covered bridges in Columbiana County. The public is invited.
The WHS Alumni Activities' monthly spaghetti dinner is this week. Proceeds are for the maintenance & upkeep of the Center. Take outs are available. Call ahead and they will have it ready for you. Call 330-532-9811.
The WHS Class of '65 meeting is to begin planning for their next big reunion. Lord! It doesn't seem like they graduated nearly 50 years ago but come 2015 that's what it will be. They must be special alumni. They will be holding a party for all the classes to attend at the same time. It's nice they are supporting the Alumni Center holding their meeting on spaghetti night. More classes should think of that.
The Easter Cantata at First Christian is called “Come Walk With Me” depicting the last days of Christ and His resurrection. Aaron Bunfill will be directing and he will be assisted by Jan Stover. The church is handicapped accessible and there will fellowship following in the upper Fellowship Hall.
The Sewage Committee meeting on Thursday will be with engineers from GG&J regarding the renovation of the forced main.
Saturday's clean-up party at the Liberty Theater is the next step in this community project in preparation for the renovation. Volunteers 18 years of age and older are very much welcome. It is strongly suggested for safety reasons that sturdy shoes be worn – no flip flops or open toe ones.
The deadline for applying for help from the Dollars for Scholars is Monday, April 25. It can all be done on-line by going to their web site at www.dollarsforscholarsonline.com. Once there click on “Applying for Funding” for more information. They will be awarding 112 applicants a total of $224,000 this year in the tri-state area. Last time around most college bound students were awarded the maximum amount of $2,000 each. You have to apply to be considered.
Welcome home to our friends Connie & Ed and all you other snowbirds that traveled to warmer climes this past winter. “Be it ever so humble there's no place like home”.
There, got it done, finally. Have a good week everybody...