Guess the citySweep 2011 to collect hazardous wastes is just for East Liverpool folks. In an article in yesterday's newspapers it specifically states “East Liverpool residents”. That's not very neighborly of them. WTI's Raymond Wayne told us last Monday it was for anyone in the area. Guess they didn't bother to tell him either.
Monday – April 11:
- Chamber of Commerce Sunrise Business Breakfast Forum – 7:30 AM at BOSS Conference Room – 119 East 5th St. - East Liverpool – See last weeks Calendar for details
- WHS Baseball vs McDonald – 5 PM at Hammonds Park
- Wellsville Tree Board Monthly Meeting – 6 PM at Village Hall – 1200 Main St.
- Wellsville Elks 1040 Bi-monthly Meeting – 7:30 PM at the Lodge – 723 Riverside
Tuesday – April 12:
- 150th Year Anniversary of the start of the Civil War
- Wellsville Area Ministerial Assoc. Monthly Meeting – 9 AM at Tonda's Place on the 4th Street Square
- Wellsville Public Library Story Hours – Preschool – Ages 3 to 5 – 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM – After School – Ages 5 & up – 3:30 to 4:30 PM – Main St.
- Wellsville Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors Monthly Meeting – 12 Noon at Village Hall – 1200 Main St.
- WHS Track at Lowellville – 4:30 PM
- WHS Baseball at McDonald – 5 PM
Wednesday – April 13:
- Daw Middle School Track at Southern Local/United Triangular – 4:30 at United
Thursday – April 14:
- Wellsville Village Magistrate Court
- American Legion Post 70 Lady's Auxiliary – 7 PM at the Post – 229 Wells Ave.
- Wellsville Memorial Council – 7 PM at VFW Post 5647 – 359 Main St.
Friday – April 15:
- Federal Tax Day delayed until Monday – April 18 due to holiday
- WHS/WVFD Prom Promise Demonstration – 1:30 PM at WHS Parking Lot – 1 Bengal Dr.
- First Baptist Church Food Pantry – 3 to 5 PM at the church – 1401 Center St.
- Daw Middle School Track at Beaver Local Invitational – 4:30 PM at Beaver Local
- WHS Baseball at Crestview – 5 PM
Saturday – April 16:
- WHS Track at Shadyside Relays – 10 AM
- WHS Baseball Double Header vs Beaver Local – 12 Noon at Hammond's Park
- WHS Alumni All Stars Lip Sync Benefit – 7 PM at Beaver Local High School – Doors open at 6:30 PM
Sunday – April 17:
- Palm Sunday - Worship at a church of your choice
- Wellsville Area Ministerial Assoc.'s Lenten Service – 7 PM at First Baptist Church – 1401 Center St. - Church of the Nazarene Pastor Dirk Hall guest minister
On April 12, 1861, just before dawn, Confederate forces commenced 34 hours of firing artillery on Federal troops at Fort Sumter in South Carolina. It was the start of the four year war between the states.
Unless specifically noted otherwise, when we show WHS Baseball we're referring to both the Lady's Softball Team and the Men's hardball Baseball Team. Both teams usually play at the same time against the same school. If different we'll try to spell it out, if we remember.
The Wellsville Memorial Council is meeting to prepare for the annual Memorial Day Services. More details will be coming the closer we get to the date. It's traditionally one of the most meaningful Memorial Day observances in the tri-state area honoring America's veterans. It begins with ceremonies at the Veteran's Memorial at 4th Street and concludes at the Newlin Memorial in Springhill Cemetary.
Friday's Prom Promise Demonstration at the high school is a mock accident simulating what can happen with drivers that are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. It will begin with sounding the Village fire siren and include ambulances and a life flight helicopter. It will also include a demostration of using the Jaws of Life to get the “accident victim” out of the car. The public is invited to watch the proceedings.
Saturday's Lip Sync performance by the WHS Alumni All Stars is to benefit the Beaver Local High School band. See our post below for more information.
Have a good week everyone...