Sunday, February 24, 2008

Whatta Game !!!

Congratulations to the Wellsville Tigers Boys basketball team on their winning the Sectional last night. For most of the game my heart was in my stomach. The Tigers didn't take a lead until late in the fourth quarter and then they traded that back and forth. It was nearly in the last two minutes of the game that they finally put it away. The final score was 57-50.

The guys from wkmxlive said they were playing nervous and that may be true. I know I sure as the devil was. With the regulars and great play off the bench they came through. Now their record is back to 0 - 0 as they move on to the District in Byesville at Meadowbrook High School. In spite of what a couple of the players were quoted as saying there is a lot of us that did give them credit to win and I just know they will be able to do it against Shadyside this week. I just hope they don't wait until late in the game to prove it.

Congratulations are also in order for all the people who made the AP All-East District teams. You know who you are. The Tigers were well mentioned in not only the boys but the girls too in Division IV.

Good luck this coming week. Don't let the distractions take away your focus. Play your game. I know you can do it. I just hope my heart can take it.

ole nib

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's also worthy to note that Wellsville wrestler, Ryan Crabtree, qualified for the State Tourney this past weekend.

It was a great weekend for the Tigers! Let the streak continue!

************* said...

Yes, congratulations and a wish for good luck should also go out to Ryan. No slight intended. Show 'em your stuff Ryan.

ole nib

Anonymous said...

As an avid follower of the Wellsville Tiger boys basketball team, I would like to congratulate them on their excellent season. Not only did they display extraordinary skills, but showed very sportsman-like and repectful attitudes towards the other teams. Not wanting to forget about the cheerleaders, they also did a great job supporting their boys and leading on the fans. At their final game, the cheerleaders and fans from Shadyside were extremely rude and unsportsman-like towards the Wellsville cheerleaders, and they held their heads up high nd handled them with dignity and respect. I'm proud to say I'm from Wellsville! Great season, guys!