Monday, February 25, 2008

Busy Week For Newshounds & Bloggers

This week is going to be busy for us. With basketball games, dinners and court hearings there will a lot of fodder for the print media and old fools like me.

Starting off Wednesday evening the WHS Boys Basketball team travel to Byesville to take on Shadyside in the first game of the Districts. Byesville is just south of Cambridge off I-77 in case you were wondering. I had to refresh my memory. I know the guys are going to go down there and put on a clinic on how the game is played. The game is scheduled for 7 P.M. and barring any technical difficulties wkmxlive said they will be there. Good luck to all.

Thursday is going to be doubly busy with the Ohio Elections Commission holding a probable cause hearing on McClellands complaint filed against Mayor Joe Surace. That's suppose to be in the morning in Columbus. Then Thursday evening is the Chamber of Commerce dinner at the high school. A V.P. from Baard Industries is to be the keynote speaker and the last I heard there were fewer than 10 tickets available. I think I read that the max capacity is 400.

Then on Friday the focus will be in Cambridge, OH, for Sheriff Dave Smith's pre-trial hearing for his OVI citation. The last news I remember is that his defense was trying to get the urine test results thrown out.

J.C. Amato's arraignment was suppose to have been on Thursday but I read in one of the papers that it was pushed back to March 28th. There was no reason given for the delay in the papers.

Not wanting to look ahead I won't mention what's coming up next Saturday. I don't want to get anywhere close to putting a jinx on anyone.

Yes indeed there will be a lot of food for thought offered up this week as we see the various issues unfold. Stay tuned...

ole nib

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Wellsville freshman Basketball team will be in action on Tuesday evening at Mineral Ridge, they are playing for the championship. This is a good group of boys who play well together.

Anonymous said...

The John McClelland complaint is a joke. It is a waste of everyones time and money. I thought the whole thing was done and over with. Whatever happens it won't change the outcome of the election. People ought to move forward and try to move the Village ahead. And that goes for Ed Wilson also. He should drop his stupid suit and either do his job or go get another one. If he wins, which I doubt, it isnt the Mayor who will pay, it is the Village taxpayers. I for one, don't feel like paying Ed any more money for not doing his job. I think he has milked it enough.

Anonymous said...

just wanted everyone to know not just the varsity plays this week but our freshman team plays for the championship in a tournament at mineral ridge on thursday at 6:30m these young men have had one heck of a season sure would be nice to give them they support they deserve good luck guys

Anonymous said...

Anonymous has the same mindset as "peas and carrots" who often posts here: let's just overlook any wrongdoing that the mayor may have done; after all the election is over, he won.
That's the problem with this country: no one wants anyone held accountable for their action, just turn a blind eye.

Anonymous said...

want to know..you act like this is a federal crime plus you assume he is guilty. It is a petty thing for the Surace haters to cling to. Why don't you just stand back and whine about it for 4 years while other people move forward and do positive things for the village. I'll donate a towel so you and your cronies have something to wipe our dust off your faces with.

Anonymous said...

I agree with justdoit:
It is a trivial complaint, and you are assuming he is guilty. If he is, then pay the fine and move on. Point is, he will not be kicked out of the Mayorship for it, so everyone might as well move ahead. He wants to move ahead, and the opposition if you want to call it that, can sit back and do nothing, like they always do, and the people who make things happen will keep truckin. This silly complaint will have no effect on any of this.

Anonymous said...

I read in the Review today the the Ohio Election Board, threw out John McClellands complaint against the Mayor because it lacked merit or something like that. Ofcourse, John was very gracious in his remarks. I think next week, the US Congress is going to pass and Ammendment stating the Mayor did nothing wrong, to prove to John that he is wrong. I for one, cant figure out where John is coming from. If my family had the troubles that his has, I sure wouldnt be sticking my nose into other peoples business. Especially, when they arent even breaking the law, a subject he has been familiar with. I hope his personal vendetta will come to a close. Once again, the Lloyd supporters show how much class they have. None. Congratulations, Mayor. And thanks for the RX Discount Card.

Anonymous said...

[Quote:let's just overlook any wrongdoing that the mayor may have done;]

I don;t think that is acting as though the mayor is guilty; it's saying IF he did something wrong. There's a big difference.
The whole point of it is, whether a "trivial" matter or not, if any public official violates election campaign laws, it needs to be investigated and punishment made.
Apparently, the commission has ruled in favor of the mayor so it's a moot point, but I give McClelland credit for questioning what he believed to be a violation and the process went as it should have.
NOW the mayor can get on with what he deems important to the town and so can John.
Oh, and by the way I am no "Surace hater." I have no feelings about him or McClelland one way or the other. Just commenting on what's right and wrong.