Sunday, February 24, 2008

Old East Liverpool Train Depot


"john doe smith" came through for us again. Thanks "john".


Above is a picture of the EL train depot that their auditor mentioned last week and by gosh, I do remember it. In his post on ORL I asked Matt Stewart if he had a picture of the old depot. I didn't remember it and thought if I could see a picture it might shake off some of the cob webs. Mr. Smith picked up on that and sent us one. It did the trick. I don't know who took the picture or where it is from but I wanted to share it with you all.


For some reason when I first looked at the picture the late Hans Hacker popped in mind. This is the kind of subject he was noted for painting. He may have. That's something else I can't remember.


ole nib


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a piece of crap in 1968: what did Sprague envision it looking like 40 years later? Hudson, Ohio has a beautiful downtown area (granted, one of the wealthiest cities in the state). It is brand new but built to look like it's been there for 150 years, it includes specialty shops, a neighborhood grocery & condos. Probably cheaper to build & maintain new buildings than make something out of buildings that desperately need torn down.

Anonymous said...

looks like that would have been a unique little place to have around. Wish I would have been alive to see it!