Thursday, February 21, 2008

Good Luck Tigers


Wanted to write a short note to wish the Wellsville boy's basketball team good luck this coming Saturday night. The Tigers take on the Hawks of Hiland High School. Hiland is located out in Amish Country near Berlin. They beat Strasburg this past Monday 58-53 in their first game of the Sectionals.


Couldn't find much info on-line about the Hiland team. Their web site is nowhere near what WHS has. Did find out they are seeded #3 for the tournament and they were not ranked in the last AP poll. Couldn't even find out what their regular season record was.


Before I go on I have to correct myself. I've been calling the first round of the play-offs the districts. I stand corrected. The first round is the Sectionals. The Districts come up next with the winners in New Philly moving on to play in the District tournament. We'll have more on that later. For right now I don't want to look ahead of Saturdays game.


For right now I just want to wish the Tigers the best of luck. Being unrated I'm sure Hiland will be at the top of their game. They will be gunning to knock off a state ranked team. I've said it before but it ain't going to get easy. From what we've seen all season the Tigers can do it. The coach said all they need to do is play ball control. They have to do that and keep down to earth with their heads in the game. They just have to remember there is no tomorrow if they don't play their game. They know that and I'm sure they will do it. Go get 'em guys. We are all pulling for you and I for one can't wait.


Incidently, Malvern slaughtered Conottin Valley 83-42 in their game. They are in the upper tier of the sectionals. The Tigers are in the lower tier and don't have to even think about Malvern for the moment. They just need to think about Hiland.


If Roger Miller can contain himself we'll be listening Saturday night. He gets pretty excited.


Once again - Good luck guys.


ole nib






No comments: