Sunday, September 30, 2007

Baker Rhea???


Someone once said of me that all I have is a bunch of questions. That may be true. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. So here is another question.
In yesterday's Review in their Out & About feature there was a notice for the Wellsville Area Chamber of Commerce announcing they will be holding a Chinese Auction later in October to raise money for the upkeep and domain name for their web site. Not knowing they had a web site I checked it out. When you enter http://www.wellsvilleohiochamber.com/ that they mentioned you come up with an advertising web page for Baker Rhea located in North Olmstead, Ohio. The logo above was copied from that page. Is Baker Rhea a member of the Wellsville C of C? If you enter dot net you get a search page.
Obviously the Chamber still doesn't have a web site, at least not with that name. Are they in the process of buying this? Why someone up near Cleveland would have a web site under our C of C name is beyond me unless they plan to make money selling it. I don't know how these things work. Maybe someone can explain it for me. In the meantime I will stick to Susie's wellsvilleohio.net.
ole nib

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right about that link. Wonder what's going on?

Anonymous said...

Why didn't they ask Susie Haugh to build their website? She would do a great job and since they are the chamber of commerce they should get a local person.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree. Susie would do an excellent job. Just look at her site. It is very professional and I think an asset to the ville. Personally I think the Chamber should buy advertising space on wellsvilleohio.net. Only the powers that be at the Chamber can answer you question though.