Saturday, September 1, 2007

Village Yard Sale

The Village Yard Sale was held today with some folks setting up tables beside the fire station at Village Hall along Main Street in the 'ville. The picture above is the five or six tables on the grassy strip between the parking lot and the old Sky Bank. Although the turnout was small there it appeared all went well and it was a beautiful day.

The Camera Mart's Larry Walton was one of the vendors. That's Larry below in the blue shirt. Larry was a member of WHS Class of '55. He was quoted as saying that he will be closing the Camera Mart at the end of the year and he will be moving on to other things.




The VFD was set up and selling snacks and refreshments as seen above.



Even though there weren't many vendors at Village Hall there were yard sales all over town. Pictured above is a couple of residences across Main Street from the fire department that got into the swing of things. Driving around town you could see people set up on just about every street. All in all I would say it was a successful event for our fair village.

Ole Nib

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Mr. Nib ! I know, I don't have to call you Mister:o)

Anonymous said...

oleNeb, like what you are doing.I know that young people who have left the area are checking in on what you write and also read the local papers online regularly. It seem to me that you never lose your roots. I have come from a very fast pace city and am very please to have raised my children in this area, all well educate and the last, soon to graduate from college. I hear comments about why would you wants to come back to this area to live and yet they keep up with what is happening around here. I say if you can live here and have a good job with a salary to maintain the life style that is best for you--don't knock living in the ville. Who knows with the new coal plant about to go in we maybe selling our house for that 200,000-300.000 price. nursegoodbody

Anonymous said...

There are a lot of good things happening in the ville right now. I love the fountains on Broadway. I hope the new plant will bring in new business. The slots of Fun place should be gotten rid of and a nice old fashioned restaurant put in. There is a lot of traffic down there now with people looking at the murals and McDonald's could stand some competition.

Anonymous said...

what's wrong with slots of fun? I think they should have card games and everything, look at the money it's making chester.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mister John O, it's nice to be back. No, you don't have to call me mister but I've been called worse, even by my beloved wife.

To anon who asked what is "wrong with Slots of Fun?" In Chester gambling is legal. In the Buckeye state it ain't. The operators of such places as Slots of Fun have found a loop hole in the law by calling their machines "games of skill". Our governor has folks working on this issue and I feel it will be short time before this loop hole is going to close up. Gambling by any other name is still gambling. You pays your money and yous take your chances.