The days have been starting off with temps in the 70s and high humidity, sorta like Florida. Then as the day wears on the moisture in the air dries up with the sun shine. It may not be as sticky but it's still hot.
The 103rd Interdenominational Hollow Rock Camp meetings started this past Thursday. It runs through next Sunday, July 31. We missed mentioning that last week. For more information on the meeting check out their web page at www.hollowrock.org.
Don't like the provisions in the State Senate Bill – 5, which some call the union busting legislation? It so, you're among the majority according to a poll recently released. According to a newspaper release this week a repeal initiative will be on November's General Election ballot. Opponents delivered nearly four times the number of valid petition signatures needed to get it on the ballot.
The Lisbon Chamber of Commerce is trying to find the oldest living military veteran in the county. There was a letter to the editor in the Morning Journal the other day saying it is hard to research that due to today's privacy issues. They are honoring all that served in the military at this year's Johnny Appleseed Festival. They are hoping to honor the oldest vet by having them be the Grand Marshall. If you have any candidates call the Lisbon Chamber at 330-424-1803.
Monday – July 25:
- Daw Middle School Volleyball Meeting – 6 PM at Wellsville Library – Main St.
- Committee To Save Immaculate Conception Church – 7 PM at SOI Lodge 657 – 327 Main St.
- Elks 1040 Regular Meeting – 7:30 PM at the lodge – 723 Riverside Ave.
Tuesday – July 26:
- BWD Board of Trustees Special Meeting – 10 AM at the Water Treatment Plant – 17547 State Rt. 45
- Wellsville Library Story Hour – 10 to 11 PM at the library – Main St.
- WHS Fall Sports Parents/Players Meeting – 7 PM in the Auditeria – 1 Bengal Dr.
Wednesday – July 27:
- Nothing on our calendar
Thursday – July 28:
- Nothing on our calendar...yet
Friday – July 29:
- WHS Football Golf Outing – 5 PM at Cedar Hills – Glenmore
Saturday – July 30:
- WHS Class of '67 Reunion – at the Alumni Center - 201 3rd St.
- Committee To Save Immaculate Conception Church Prayer Service – 4:30 PM in front of Blessed Mother Statue - 11th & Main St.
Sunday – July 31:
- Worship at a church of your choice
- River Museum Open House – 1 to 4:30 PM – 1003 Riverside Ave. - Admission by donation
The Daw Middle School Volleyball Meeting Monday evening at the Library is for any young ladies entering the 7th or 8th Grades interested in playing this year. Call Christina at 330-701-3709 for more information.
Tuesday's meeting at the high school is a mandatory meeting for all students and parents of those students participating in Fall sports. Also it was noted that free physicals are available at EZCare at 16728 St. Clair Ave. Call 330-932-0458 for more information. Physicals are also mandatory for students wanting to play.
Coach Skinner is holding his annual WHS Football Coaches Golf Outing this Friday. It will be a shotgun start starting at 5 PM for 3-man teams. Food, beverages & prizes is part of the package. Call Skinner at 330-532-5958 for more information.
Have a good week everyone. Stay cool...