Monday – July 11:
- Mayor's “Help Us Help You” Clean-up Campaign Organizational Meeting – 11 AM in Mayor's Office – Village Hall – 1200 Main St.
- Committee to Save Immaculate Conception Church Prayer Service – 7 to 8 PM at Immaculate Conception Church - 11th & Main St.
Tuesday – July 12:
- Wellsville Library Story Hour – 10 to 11 AM at the library - 828 Main St.
- Wellsville Council Property Committee – 6 PM at Village Hall – 1200 Main St.
Wednesday – July 13:
- Nothing on our calendar
Thursday – July 14:
- Nothing on our calendar – enjoy the break
Friday – July 15:
- Mayor's “Help Us Help You” Clean-up Campaign – Day 1 – Details to follow
Saturday – July 16:
- Mayor's “Help Us Help You” Clean-up Campaign – Day 2 – Details to follow
Sunday – July 17:
- Worship at a church of your choice
- River Museum Open House – 1 to 4:30 PM – 1003 Riverside Ave. - Admission by donation
Wellsville Mayor Joe Surace has challenged all clubs, churches, organizations and residents to be part of a Village wide clean-up campaign. Surace said this is his “last hurrah”. In years past there has always been part-time employees furnished by the County to work on cleaning up around town. That well has run dry with the economy being as it is. Wellsville did not get any extra help this summer and that is where the Mayor's challenge comes into play. We'll have more details after his meeting tomorrow. Give him a call with any questions.
From what we gather Monday evening's prayer service at the Immaculate Conception Church is open to the public no matter what denomination. One paper had a paragraph to that effect. The other local paper edited that paragraph out. Must have been a space thing but, at any rate, if you support keeping a Catholic place of worship presence in Wellsville you're invited to show your support Monday evening.
Tuesday evening's Property Committee meeting will have a representative of ALOV – Associated Landowners of Ohio Valley – explain how they go about dealing with such companies as Chesapeake in signing leases for drilling for natural gas & oil in the Marcellus & Utica shale regions. ALOV is a nonprofit organization. Village officials are considering leasing the drilling rights on the old dump and reservoir properties and are looking for the best deal.
Have a good week everyone...