Thursday, November 15, 2007

Comments Deleted

In my post titled Where's Grimshaw? I just deleted three comments that named an individual. I'm not a lawyer by any means but I'd rather not have some one's name posted that has not been charged with anything or has not come out and publicly made a statement about themselves or their actions. Simply put I do not want to get in a possible law suit. The individual named is not a public figure and even if they were I would have to seriously consider allowing statements made about them.

The comments were made about an individual that apparently lives most of the time in another community but owns property in the village and maintains that address as his permanent residence. The rumor is that he is registered and voted for Surace. Actually those comments did not have anything related to the subject of the post. In my opinion they were just rumor and I can't validate it.

I really would like to keep this blog open to all anonymous comments without having to approve each and every one before they get posted. My colleague blogger up the river has recently and highly suggested that I filter the comments. The jury is still out on that. I don't want to do it. Please don't force me into it.

Call me what you will. Over the years I've probably been called worse and I can take the negative comments along with others. Since the Wiz is boycotting us I sleep easier at night! I do feel that the comments were sincere and those that made them had no malice intended. I appreciate that and all you good folks that comment.

Generally speaking the deleted comments dealt with the mayor's race and the recount. All we know for sure at this moment is that the Election Board has started the recount. The recount will include the provisional ballots. The Election Board will meet on Monday morning, November 26th, to announce the results. Until then we can only consider stories of disqualified ballots, etc as rumor. In checking the board's web site nothing has been changed on the final, unofficial count. It won't be until the 26th. I was hoping to hear something next week but I guess those folks over in Lisbon don't want to work through Thanksgiving. Can't understand that. Do they realize we are anxiously waiting for the final, official count???

ole nib

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nib,

I think you did the right thing. I am pretty sure he has heard about it by now and probably just shrugged it off. I have known him for a long time and he his a member of the church that I attend. For him to do something like this, well, I just don't see it. For anyone to say these things about him really don't know him. If he did, then he is at fault. Until proof is presented that he did, then he didn't do it. Period.

Anonymous said...

Nostradamus said...

The white haired king shall rule for another 8 and 40 moons. Swords shall rattle amongst his lieutenants. One or the other or both shall leave. The chief of fire shall fade away. A new king shall emerge from the region of Aten. His brother will also rise to power. A new era of prosperity dawns.

November 15, 2007 3:38 PM

Anonymous said...

His knights are daggers and his followers hath come up through the bowels of the earth. The swords they rattle now are the same blades that they shall impale themselves on..or whatever.

Anonymous said...

I don't think the gentelman mentioned voted for Surace.... He is a huge Eddie Wilson supporter and everyone seems to hold Surace responsible for the Wilson saga. So they keep bringing the fact that he may have voted illegally,,,, But I would bet it was for Lloyd

Anonymous said...

Good Job Ole Nib

Anonymous said...

It would be nice to find out before the 26th but I imagine it is really hard on the Mayor and Mr. Lloyd. Talk about razor thin!!