Thursday, November 15, 2007

Alumni Lip Sync

It's been in both papers but as a sort of public service I thought I would mention it here. Even though I can't imagine living without news papers I know there are some of you out there that do.

This coming Saturday evening there will be another edition of the Alumni Lip Sync at the high school. If you have never been to one you are really missing out on a very entertaining performance. This all volunteer group of dedicated people really do a bang up job. The proceeds after expenses all go back into our community. I think most of it goes into the Alumni scholarship fund for WHS students.

The performers are mostly all WHS alumni and future alumni. Most of the numbers are skits performed with them lip syncing popular songs. Also, there is some that actually sing using their own voices. It is readily apparent that they put in a lot of time on the props, costumes and learning the words of the songs they are using. You won't be disappointed. It's a toss up who has the most fun - the performers or the folks in the audience.

This fall's performance is Saturday, November 17th at the high school. Doors open at 6:15 for those that purchased tickets in advance. Everybody else will be let in at 6:30. Tickets are $6 in advance and $8 at the door. There will be a 50/50 drawn at the intermission and the Lions Club will be running the refreshment stand. You can call Carrie McMahon at 330-843-6338 or Toni Figley at 330-532-1317 to buy the advance tickets.

I highly recommend you get there and enjoy a night of good, clean fun. You won't be disappointed. The price of admission is cheap at twice the price.

Break a leg Alumni... You guys are the greatest.

ole nib

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the kudos you give to the Wellsville Alumni Lip Sync. We really appreciate it. Only ine correction. The monies from this show goes to The Activities Committee who own the Alumni Center to help defray the cost of running the building and toward the entertainment at the next r year all class reunion. Thank you again for the article. I hope you enjoy the show this time. CAM

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy it but i think it is always to long. Everyone is great, it is always a wonderful show. I just have a hard time sitting there that long. Hope you have a great show!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the Mayor is ready to make another statement!!

Anonymous said...

No.......He had his wife do it.....lol

Anonymous said...

[QUOTE:passthebuck said...
No.......He had his wife do it.....lol]

Sad but true....hilarious.

Anonymous said...

ABOUT TIME SOMEONE HAD THE GONADS TO STAND UP TO ALL THE CORRUPTION IN THE VILLE..YOU GO JOHN

Anonymous said...

Just another disgruntled village employee. Nice Maclleland, maybe you should think nefore casting the stone...

Anonymous said...

You really think it takes gonads to make an ass of yourself on the front page of the paper. What is up with McClelland. There has to be more to this than meets the eye. Furthermore, what does Dave Lloyd think of it?

Anonymous said...

This has absolutely nothing to do with Dave Lloyd. It will not change the outcome whatsoever. This is about accountability throughout the election process. Apparently there are those that think they are above the law and I believe that they have seen this time around that there are those that play by the rules and can still put up one hell of a fight.

Anonymous said...

"fighter said...
This has absolutely nothing to do with Dave Lloyd. It will not change the outcome whatsoever. This is about accountability throughout the election process. Apparently there are those that think they are above the law and I believe that they have seen this time around that there are those that play by the rules and can still put up one hell of a fight."

Here, here. Well said!

Anonymous said...

I don't think the picture of the mayor makes him look like an ass. If that was the case he wouldn't have mailed every citizen in wellsville a photo. by the way I talked to a pharmacist the other day the card really does save you between $0.50 to $1.00.

Anonymous said...

I have used the card and saved anywhere from 10 to 35% on my rx's. I use it a Center Pharmacy and I am glad the Mayor sent it to me, I dont care how it was stamped.

Anonymous said...

I used my card at WalMart and it only cost me $4 for the prescription. The pharmacist said with a smile "yes it saved you alot of money."
Thanks Joe

Anonymous said...

Your welcome Linda.

dot said...

I live in CA. toni mae of the all stars is my first cousin. Saw them at the last allclass reunion--LOVED IT I graduated with carrie ann (1957) wish I could be there---dottie

cant wait said...

the alumni lip sync stars should be commended for there roles they are all hard workers with an outcome that is unbelievable,WAY TO GO YOU ARE WONDERFUL KEEP IT UP YOU SHOULD BE PROUD.......

Anonymous said...

cam-the all stars always do a fine job