Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Italian Festival

My apologies to the folks of Wellsville's SOI. Yesterday I overlooked and failed to mention the annual Italian Festival as one of the upcoming events in the ville. I got an excuse for that but you don't want to hear it. My bad!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the festival is to be held the week-end before the Down Memory Lane doings. I'll have to check the sign up at Phyllis Thrasher's park. They haven't got much print on it to remind us feeble minded guys. Susie has a section for it but so far all it tells us is the name. Those festival people need some PR work promoting the event. That way folks can pencil it in on their calendars and make plans to support it.

The Italian Festival is an annual three day event held every year with lots of free entertainment and lots of good eating. It's something that the missus and I look forward to every year. If nothing else it's nice to see all the folks and old friends you haven't seen for awhile. May St. Rocco look kindly on me.

See ya there...

ole nib

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do believe the Italian Festival will begin on August 7.

Anonymous said...

Oops! I apologize for not getting the Italian Festival's schedule online before now. I’ve had it for over a week and I simply forgot about posting it. Jeff and I are in the midst of the last major renovation to the inside of our home. We started on the pc room the day after the Riverside Reunion was over and as I sit here typing, drop cloths swaying and crackling to the breeze created by the ceiling fan, I have to ask myself…WHAT WAS I THINKIN’ STARTING THIS PROJECT DURING THE BUSIEST MONTH OF THE YEAR???
Thanks for the reminder Nib. :o)
Susie

************* said...

Hey Susie - thanks for setting us straight. Here I thought someone from the SOI dropped the ball. Since you're in the midst of a remodeling project guess we won't spank you this time. I'm just as bad or worse. Since writing this piece the other day I can't tell you how many times I've been past that sign & I still haven't looked at the dates.

I stand corrected. The festival kicks off August 7 and will run concurrently with the Down Memory Lane event. At any rate Susie now has the scheduled activities for both on wellsvilleohio.net. Hey if anyone at the Alumni Center has a hankering for a meatball sandwich that Saturday evening all they will have to do is walk up the street. It should be a heck of a week-end in the ville.

ole nib