Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Ron Daniels


I don't know much about the man personally. To me he was a nodding acquaintance as the saying goes. I learned of Ron when I attended my first Lip Sync performance and heard him sing. He sang a cappella and had a voice that was truly impressive and, I'm sure, pleasing to the good Lord. I admired his talent.


Whenever I ran into him around town he always had a smile and a hello. To me he always seemed to have a twinkle in his eye. Ron was a member of the Class of '65 at WHS and I was deeply saddened to learn of his passing this last Sunday. He was called home way before his time. The picture above was borrowed from the Alumni web site.


Although I can't tell you much about Ron's history I can relate my impressions of the man. To me he seemed to be a gentle, caring and loving man. His involvement with the Alumni Committee proves to me he cared about this community and the good work those folks support. I was told he was an organ donor and that goes to show he was considerate of others even after he was gone. It's a gift that keeps on giving. To me he seemed to be a man I wished I have gotten to known better. He seemed to be a man that I would have been proud to call friend. That will always be my loss.


Our condolence and heartfelt sympathy go out to the Daniel's family. Ron's death is not only a tragic loss to his loved ones it is indeed a loss to our place we call home here in Wellsville,


May you rest in peace Ron. I'll miss that twinkle...


ole nib

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Nib, it is greatly appreciated. His passing hit real hard and totally unexpected but take comfort in knowing that he is giving in death as he gave in life.
I have always made a joke about taking my organs with me just in case some miracle drug can bring back the dead but I know that will not happen in my lifetime. But being and organ donor was something I didn't know he wanted to do. Having known him all my life there were still things about Uncle Ron that I don't know. it is something that I should really look into because even in death he is still setting a good example upon me as he always had when I was little.

The last time I saw Uncle Ron was at the First Baptist Church on a Saturday and we talked about the college games that day.

Yes it will be hard not seeing his smiling face or his wit, but we must move on. Please say a prayer not only for Ron but for the entire family and let Ron and his family know that he will be missed dearly.

I'll see you when I get there Uncle Ron.

Anonymous said...

Ron had a beautiful voice. I will miss not hearing it again. god Bless.

cant wait said...

not only did Ron have a beuatiful voice he had a beautiful soul, he was well liked and well respected, to Ron's family with greatest sympathy I will pray for all of you. He was a funny man always joking around with everyone. HE WILL TRULY BE MISSED.

Anonymous said...

I had the privilege of performing with Ron over the last few years in many lip syncs and to pray with him on several occasions. Anyone who missed the duet he did with Jalissa this last show really missed out. I had spoken with Ron about doing a duet for this last show, but he had already committed to do this with Jalissa. We were going to do it at the next show in April '08. The song is called, "I've just seen Jesus". As we all know, now Ron has. We are still going to do it, it'll be a while.....

Anonymous said...

You will be missed. Hopefully your family can carry on. While you were on earth, you spread a lot of joy with your beautiful singing.

Anonymous said...

I just got back from my Uncle Ron's memorial service. I was really wonderful to see so many people there to honor Ron. I know the family really appreciates it. From Steve, to Juleesa, to Kathy, they shared their memories and experiences, having been touched in such a way that they were chocked with emotion. That was the impact that Ron had on not only just them but many others.
Our family will never forget this and will forever be greatful for those who showed their love and support.
In some way I have tried to model myself to be just like him, only to find out that there could only be one RON DANIELS. He is one tough act to follow. And for those who try to be like him, don't because it is hard to be like someone who will always be steps ahead of everyone else.

Unknown said...

Thanks to all who believed in my Father. He has left many happy memories in alot of peoples lives. It has been hard for me over this whole situation. I not only lost my Father, but I lost my BESTEST FRIEND on the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!! I think of my father daily, have flashbacks of playing sports and always looking to see if he was there rooting me on, and he was. My Father was my role model, I looked up to him and even asked advice if I was confused about a situation and he always helped me out. I LOVE YOU DAD ALWAYS AND MISS YOU DEARLY!!!!!