Friday, December 14, 2007

The Grinch Lives In the 'Pool

Normally we don't touch on East Liverpool politics. My head is still spinning from last month's elections in Wellsville. There was so much to ponder that there was little time to pay a whole lot of time thinking about what goes on in East Liverpool but this one was too good to pass up.

Yesterday's MJ gave us a story about the 'pool's auditor-elect Terry Sprague. The story was penned by seasoned area reporter Jo Bob Gilbert. You all remember Jo Ann. She's the gal that used to cover the 'ville scene a few years ago before they switched things around and sent her up the river.

At any rate Ms. Sprague narrowly won the auditor's post in the November elections. As far as I know she hasn't even been sworn in yet but that hasn't apparently stopped her from going on a power trip. In less than a month before Christmas she advised two employees of the ELO auditor's staff that they will be out of their jobs for New Years. I'm sure these folks were already worried about that. Thanks to Ms. Sprague's stone cold good heartiness these unfortunate ladies won't have to worry through the holidays. No siree, she was very thoughtful of getting that off their minds so they could enjoy the spirit of the holiday season. Nor will Ms. Sprague have to be concerned about this unpleasantness during this time of joy and happiness. Nice job Terry. The Grinch would be proud of you and surely would want to call you one of his own. If there was such a thing as Grinch-of-the-year award I would be the first to submit your name for that honor.

Terry is a member of ELHS Class of '65. She was a controller for a company called Deschner Corp. which is head quartered in Santa Ana, California. I think she is the one that recently moved back to the area from out there. I remember being impressed with her credentials for the auditor's job. I must of misjudged her as a people person. She got herself uninvited from the office she will occupy and I imagine the hoped for smooth transition is out the door too. She even got accused of harassment. Being somewhere around the age of 60 I guess she doesn't want make things easy for herself in her later years. She certainly earned my respect and hopefully I won't have to be subjected to being in her presence at any time down the road. Thankfully she is ELO's sweet heart. The story is on-line at the Journal's web site.

Yep, the Grinch is smiling...

ole nib

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least they got enough notice to start getting their resumes out.

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least they got enough notice to start getting their resumes out.

Anonymous said...

The point is, she does not have the AUTHORITY to fire them until she is in office, you nitwit

Anonymous said...

Do you have a copy of the original AJ article? It is no longer posted at the MJ.

Anonymous said...

Yes. I have a copy of the print edition. If I write something about or from a newspaper article I try to keep a copy on file. E-mail me if I can be of assistance. My e-mail is olenib@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

Terry is nothing but a Swoger puppet. He wants to control the entire city hall, if he can't control you then he'll try to find away to fire you.

Anonymous said...

I hear M Bosco has turned in her notice to the church. This should be interesting to see if her and Terry can work in the same office together seeing how Terry is nothing but another HITLER. Just ask the poor women that are working in there now.