Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Do You See What I See?


While checking out the new murals last Monday this caught my eye. Located under the Route 7 overpass is this rock formation near the Little Yellow Creek. The picture has been cropped to high light the area I'm talking about. It got me to wondering if Mother Nature is providing us with a new Indian head.


At one time we had a much larger one not far from there. It was part of the same hill side, just a little farther down the street. There is a painting of it on one of the murals. That Indian head was blasted away when they built Route 7 into a four lane in the 60s. It was a Wellsville landmark. Spotting this got me to wondering if this is nature's way to replicate what was there.


Can you see it? I can see a profile of a forehead, nose, mouth, cheek and chin. Maybe I was in the sun too long!


ole nib

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see it, I see it !

peas&carrots said...

It's not the sun ole' nib. I had a friends visiting from out-of-town and took them to see the murals. They also commented on the profile in the rocks. Maybe some great Indian spirit had their hand in this, just maybe.

Anonymous said...

I noticed that rock a couple of years ago and thought the same thing. He's back!

Anonymous said...

Yep, I also see it.

Anonymous said...

Yep I also see a head made of rock.

me said...

Looks like Washington on the nickel