Friday, March 28, 2008

State of Ohio vs. Amato Jr., Jack C


In CC Common Pleas Court Jack Carl Amato, Jr. plead innocent to murder charges this morning. Amato has been accused of murdering his wife Tonia in their home back in July of last year. After months of delays and all kinds of twists and turns he was indicted and arrested back in early February. He was immediately bailed out to await his arraignment which was originally scheduled for Feb. 28th and then rescheduled for today at the request of Special Prosecutor Lynn Grimshaw.


This morning in Judge Ashley Pike's courtroom the arraignment, the pre-trial and motions were heard. According to on-line court records there will be a telephone conference on April 17th, a status conference on Sept. 5th and a jury trial on Sept. 16th. On WTOV9.com Amato was quoted as saying "I'm innocent. I am innocent, that's all I can say on the advice of my attorney." I wonder if he recalls he freely admitted to Wellsville police that he shot his wife on the day of the shooting?


Not being present in the courtroom that's all I can relay to you at this time. I'm sure it will be well written up in tomorrow's local newspapers. Since Channel 9 is already reporting it on the web site it may be on the evening news. J.C. could be looking at 18 years to life if found guilty in September. I'm curious to see what the reporters have to say on what motions were made and what comments to those motions were.


To be continued...


ole nib


No comments: