Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Liberty Theater A Few Years Ago




Here's an old snap shot of what the Liberty Theater and that part of Main St. looked like a few years ago. I tried to duplicated the old black & white with a new picture of how it looks today. From the cars shown in the old photo I guessing it was taken sometime in the mid-1940s. That was back in the days when the ville had bus service. You can click on either picture to enlarge.

There's been a lot of changes in that section of Main Street. The awning on the old theater is long gone but one of the big "L I B E R T Y"s on top of that can be found in the basement. On the right the little building and the old City Hall are long gone too. I remember that little building as being the home of the now defunct Wellsville Press and Revitalization Committee member Jim Saracco told me before that it was a furniture store. Even the street lights have been changed.

With the help of a magnifying glass I can make out L754R on the license plate on the car parked in front of that little building in the snap shot. Anybody remember that number?


ole nib


1 comment:

Marc said...

Also in the older picture, is the Wellsville bus!