Thursday, January 29, 2009

Blasted Again




Beginning to think the Old Farmers Almanac hit the nail on the head. This past fall I heard they predicted that the mid-west was going to have lots of nasty, cold weather with lots of snow. According to today's ER, so far we have had over 27" of snow. The latest round of calling in sick weather included snow, freezing rain and more snow. According to the weather forecasters they say the temperatures for the next week will not allow the snow & ice to melt away anytime soon. With the paucity of road salt our highways are starting to look like Conestoga trails with two ruts on the surface. This latest blast with the freezing rain building up ice on power lines a lot of folks lost electricity.

Personally I wish it would all just go away. If I didn't have to work I think I would just hibernate until the spring thaw.

Think spring...

ole nib








No comments: