Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Briefly

Duh.... Sometimes I'm kind of slow. Here I was blaming Google and today discovered I should have directed my wrath toward my ISP. My cable modem needed recycled. I could sign in to get my regular e-mail and surf the net all over the place but couldn't sign into anything with Google. This has been going on since last week-end.

Briefly there are a couple of things I wanted to mention:

Tonight is the EPA hearing for the air emissions part of Baard's plan for the proposed CTL plant. It is the third and final permit required by the OEPA. I'll share my thoughts on that and the Sierra Club activities in the next couple of days.

In a "guest columnist" article Sierra's Club Nachy Kanfer said that Baard will be discharging 1700 ng of mercury every day. This is just one example of the kind of information that came out with their dog & pony show held last Saturday and Mr. Kanfer's column.

A nano gram is 1 billionth of a gram. A gram is equivalent to 0.035 ounces. So 1700 ng is actually .000001700 grams. You would need a high powered microscope to see that amount and looking at it that way makes it insignificant. It was so insignificant that the OEPA has no problem with it.

To use an old football cliche the Sierra Club is employing a lot of misdirection plays to scare the devil out of us. I'll have more thoughts on their townhall meeting and Kanfer's article later on.

Also, wanted to remind you all of the Chili-Fest & Tail Gate party this coming Saturday being held by the Riverside Reunion Committee. It "kicks off" at 4 PM with the Generations Band playing until seven. Then there will be a "half time" intermission to get ready to watch the OSU Buckeyes take on #1 ranked Southern Cal on a giant tv screen. All activities are being held in front of the Wellsville Elks. All proceeds will go toward next year's reunion. Sounds like fun. Come on down. It will be a chance to show off some of your new fall fashions. Sure hope the rain holds off. If you want a seat bring something with you.

That's it for now...

ole nib

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya know, Nib, I'm so busy that sometimes I don't get on here for weeks or even months, but the more and more I read your site, the more I see what beautiful pictures you take, what credence you give to Wellsville, and what time and love you devote to the 'Ville. I still care that way, too. You've known me for a long time, but mostly as the kid of my dad. I really enjoyed our brief talk in July and feel I know you more now as an adult. So, I just want to say that I think you're doing a very fine thing for the town I still love, still give time to, and still care about. I guess all I want to say is ... . thanks. Hope to see you this weekend!

Your friend from Boston

************* said...

Hey Boston buddy - When you were a kid people over 25 years old were not to be trusted and were to be scorned. It's a way of life. Been there,done that as the saying goes.

Turning the tables a little bit I find it commendable that you make time to pitch in and help old friends in the ville. With family of your own, job & the distance and expence you have every excuse to stay put but you make efforts to come "home". Thank you. I'm not the only one that appreciates what you do.

Look forward to seeing you.

nib