Thursday, October 15, 2009

Off To Silver Spring

Have often said that this blog is not about me or my family. I'm slow by nature but it may be more so in the immediate future due to a "family emergency". The missus & I got a call yesterday morning around 6:30 from our grand children's mother. Right away you know that's not going to be good news. So, we spent yesterday making arrangements throwing things together and getting to Maryland.

Our son was rushed to the hospital and will be undergoing surgery today. It's not life threatening but when it's one of your kids you still get extremely concerned. So Mom & I are in Maryland to lend a hand with everything. Since "Pap" is retired I expect to be working, if you want to call it that, at this remote location. With work & school schedules an extra hand will come in handy during the recovery period.

My presence in the ville will probably be scarce for awhile. We still got stuff to catch up on that was scheduled for yesterday. Anything new for the next few days will depend on Jobob & her collegues keeping us up to snuff. They do a great job.

ole nib

9 comments:

jobob said...

Hope all is ok Nib. Family comes first, even before the news (and I try to believe that, even as I know that has not always been the case with me!)
Good luck to all.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Nib . . . I hope everything is OK! I haven't been on here in some time, but with working all day and night lately (and now getting home too late to watch my shows), I find it relaxing to put on my PJs and catch up on your site. I do wish the best for your family. Please keep us posted (as you can) to what's going on. Missed you if you came to Boston. I was out of town almost every other weekend all summer long and early fall weekends. Think I missed you!

All my best!

Buddy in Beantown

Anonymous said...

nib i hope everything goes ok you all take care and we will keep an eye on the ville for you

Anonymous said...

OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY....

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well with your family, take care of things down there and we will hold the "fort down" till you get back. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

************* said...

Thanks for all the best wishes & prayers. Everything thing went well and the surgery was able to be done with the less invasive cutting. It was probably all your prayers & wishes. Thanks again.

Now we're waiting to see if he gets released today. Mean while "Pap" gets to baby sit. I forgot how much energy a 3 year old has! Whew....

Hey Boston Bud - Didn't get up that way this year and really wanted to. There is so much to see in Boston and you're & yours are on that next itinerary.

nib

Lew Shepherd said...

Best wishes Nib, glad things are going well!

viller said...

Nib, take care of the family, and the son. Very nice you're able to go help out, we'll be fine till ya get back, hopefully, :)

************* said...

Our son was discharged yesterday and got home early afternoon.

Thanks again everyone.

nib