Sunday, April 6, 2008

Dalonzos Coming Back To Town

Found this on Susie Haugh's wellsvilleohio.net site. Someone asked about Lil Es on another post. Here is a copy of Nick Dalonzos e-mail announcement:


"Hello to my many friends, family, customers and associates. Let me apologize upfront for the long
email. I'm not sure if you've heard the buzz around town yet, so I want to at last let you in on a big secret. I
have indeed decided to move the restaurant back in town. I have recently signed a lease with a nice guy
from Canfield by the name of Terry Mcarthy, who owns the big, tall Russell's Mini Mart building on Main
Street. This place has caught my eye on numerous occasions. It was completely remodeled to suit a
restaurant, with all the laws and codes needed. It has a new furnace, new AC, bathrooms, walk-in cooler,
fire ansil system, it's fully handicap accessible, etc. You name it, it has it. And did I mention that it is on
Main St., in town, and on this side of the floodwall? When I decided to do this some months back, I was
willing to give up all parties I could do up on the hill. But low and behold, this place has the room on the
side, which will hold about 100 people. So that was a big selling point for me. Mr Mcarthy is currently
finishing that side as we speak. It will have all new walls, floors, bathrooms, furnace, AC. It might be
finished within
the month. I must mention also, a big plus for me is Shoub Towers across the street. I've prepared a flyer
just for them, with some good ideas to help save them some money, which I'm sure they'll like. Believe me
when I say this, I've weighed all the pros and cons on this move, and the 20 or so pros win the race. A few
of the pros just for starters, festivals uptown, reunions, parades, visibility, signage that people can see,
heating, cooling. I won't mention that I can walk to work, or that three acres of grass to cut on the hill.
Haha!
I just think it's time to get my butt back down that hill. We can still deliver out there though. So anyhow,
that's my story in a nutshell. I could go on and on, but I'll spare you that. However, I am hoping
for now, that you will try to stop out or call in an order, to kind of help me out a bit. This has proven to
be quite difficult to do, both financially and physically. It's causing a big strain on my funds and my back.
Currently the restaurant on the hill is for sale or lease. I have a few good prospects, and I'm keeping my
fingers crossed. The new place is almost ready, and will be opening very soon. To wrap this up, I want to
share my new slogan with you: "DaLonzo's, Your Home Away From Home Cookin".
Please send me back a quick email with any thoughts or ideas. Let me know how you feel about this.
Thanks so much for being there for me and for being a good friend and customer.
Nick
P.S. here's a new idea I've had about the pizza boxes. Let the young kids or old kids, draw their own design.
Each box would be unique and the kids loved it."

You can find Nick's e-mail on dalonzos.com. There's also a full menu displayed on there. As Nick said in his e-mail they deliver and they are the only restaurant connected to the ville that does so. Don't feel like cooking? Save your gas money and give Dalonzos a call.

I think it is exciting that Nick is coming back to town and we would like to wish him the best of luck in all his endeavors.

Hey Nick - How about putting olenib@gmail.com on your mailing list.

ole nib

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say Nick, I was more than elated when I heard the news. We miss ya down here man. Can't wait for the Big hoagie with the works. I hope that's staying on the menu. It will be much easier to come and get one now. Good luck Bro, Rick

Anonymous said...

I am delighted to hear that
Dalonzos is coming back to town!
I LOVE the Italian subs and much
more. I think its a very wise
and logical buisness decision,
although it is nice on the hill
and I admire Nick's courage at
taking a creative chance... I
look forward to the coming
summer. Good luck to the
buisness and all its endeavours!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Ole Nib, thanks for the plug. I'll add ya to the mailing list. Anyone who wants can find it on my site, www.dalonzos.com. Thanks again, Nick D.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Dalonzos, we missed ya, hurry up and open!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
************* said...

Did you see the write-ups Nick got in both our morning papers today? Made the front page in the MJ. It's great to see he is getting lots of support.

Nick - you go guy!

ole nib

Anonymous said...

We went to Dalonzos Wed. nite and was really pleased. The food was great as always, and the place looked awesome. Kudos Nick, wish ya all the luck. Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dalonzos, once again, we had a great meal at the new place. It sure looks like you made a good decision coming back to town. Keep up the good work, and good luck.

Anonymous said...

Hay nick the pizza was a killer!!
sorry it took so long for me to get back to the "vill" and I will give u a call later, but remember one thing bro CUSTOMER SERVICE will put you over the top against your competitors