Monday, July 16, 2007

Dang! They Moved The Floodwall

Yesterday saw the Phase I dedication of the floodwall murals in our fair village of Wellsville, Ohio. In a Review article by reporter Leigh Ann Kaiser in this morning's paper the dedication ceremonies were held on Seventh Street. Ms. Kaiser even had a couple of pictures of the flood wall in it's new location. Knowing that the reporters and editors of The Review are strict adherents for accuracy it must be true that the flood wall is now on Seventh Street.

I was thinking about attending the dedication. Glad I didn't make it. I would have gone to the wrong location. I would have gone to First Street. Ain't it great our local newspaper keeps us up to date?

Pitiful...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nib--
Not to excuse the The Review's error, but I will tell you that these kinds of mistakes tend to happen when reporters are covering stories off their beats. I think Leigh Ann Kaiser is the township reporter, so she's probably not familiar with Wellsville.

I remember when Greg Rayburn--the former councilman who ran a newspaper in Wellsville for a while--mixed up state Routes 39 and 45 in a story. Everybody had a hoot at his expense.

When I worked for the papers, I made many small errors that found their way to print. Everybody does. If you're lucky, no one will notice. I guess Leigh Ann had no such luck this time!

Anonymous said...

You apparently are not familiar with this reporter...

************* said...

No, I am not familiar with Ms. Kaiser other than seeing her name attached to occasional articles in The Review. Maybe I was a little harsh with her but right across the street was one of the ville's new,very noticable street signs with bright orange lettering that clearly states "First Street". Sure I knew it was an error but it was made and it got my attention.

Anonymous said...

My point was, this is nothing NEW for this reporter...